San Luis Obispo County Bridal Association :: Membership Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) constitute a legal agreement by and between Your Company (hereafter “You”, “Your” or “Your Company”) and the San Luis Obispo County Bridal Association and its subsidiaries (hereafter “SLOCBA”, “We”, “Us” or “The Association”).
Becoming a Member: Please read these Terms and Conditions. If you agree join us. If you don’t agree then don’t join us.
I. MEMBERSHIP PROGRAMS. There are two Membership Programs (individually referred to by their title, or collectively referred to as the “Membership Programs”)
- Regular membership
- Gold Membership Gold membership is not available at this time.
II. REQUIREMENTS FOR MEMBERSHIP. Complete and Submit Application toSLOCBA:
- Membership Application: By submitting the application, You certify to SLOCBA that the information contained in it is accurate and that You have the authority to bind Your Company to these Terms and Conditions. SLOCBA will respond to membership applicants ASAP. After notification of membership acceptance, You can use the benefits and services of the Membership Program of which You are a member.
- Communication: You must have and maintain a valid e-mail address, phone & postal address to enable Your Company to communicate with SLOCBA. A condition of membership in any Membership Program is that You receive from SLOCBA program surveys, email, newsletters and other communications related to the Membership Programs.
- Payment: SLOCBA will accept membership payments by credit card (Visa, Master Card, Discover, and American Express) Check, Pay Pal or if by Cash in our office located at 531 H street Bakersfield, CA 93304. All membership payments must be made within one calendar month of date of invoice. Upon invoice of a second monthly bill, a late fee of $10.00 will apply to all outstanding balances.
A. Membership Benefits will be suspended if payment (or payment arrangement) is not made within two months or 60 days of date of invoice(s).
B. Membership Benefits will be canceled for non-payment if payment is not made, nor satisfactory payment arrangements agreed, within three months or 90 days from date of earliest invoice.
C. Membership canceled for non-payment will be subject to a reinstatement charge of $50.00 to renew membership.
- Membership Term: Membership is perpetual unless revoked or terminated. Membership in the San Luis Obispo County Bridal Association starts with a 12 month commitment. After 12 consecutive months of membership you may cancel your membership by following the directions on the cancellation policy. There are amendments to this policy. Some contracts (Bridal Shows, Wedding Book advertising and other as stipulated in each contract) will extend your contract by as much as 12 to 16 months from the date of signature. This amendment is in place of paying full price on bridal shows or on contracted services due to item promoting the member base. [Note: this clause currently exists in Section (5) as written]. All SLOCBA membership is annual and will renew on your anniversary month automatically. In the event you change your membership from pay-monthly to pay-yearly, your anniversary date will change to the month of payment. A written cancellation must be submitted no less then 30 days in advance of your anniversary month per our cancellation policy to decline renewal. Please see complete
cancellation policy for details.
- Membership Benefits will be extended only to accounts in good standing; i.e. not suspended or revoked as outlined in Paragraph II, Section (3). Suspended or canceled members are therefore not eligible to sign up for, or receive free listings in, Association-sponsored activities including discounted SLOCBA Bridal Shows, web site listings, community outreach events, “The Wedding Book”, “My Wedding Book Planner”, newsletters and other advertising. Memberships canceled by SLOCBA for non-payment will loose any member discounts given at the time of contract; i.e. Bridal Shows and other discounted contracts will be re-invoiced at non-member rates; not to exceed twice the member price.
- Update Information: At least once per year, you must verify and update Your business information (including, but not limited to, business name, primary and secondary contact, job title, email address, business address (physical and mailing), postal code, telephone and fax number) that Your Company has on file with SLOCBA by logging into the SLOCBA members area website to “View/Modify Account Information”. Alternatively, you may contact member support for assistance.
III. PROGRAM BENEFITS AND SERVICES. From time to time, SLOCBA may offer benefits or services to members of the Membership Programs. Benefits or services may be governed by separate guidelines, rules or other terms and conditions that will be provided with that offer. The guidelines, rules or terms and conditions for a particular benefit or service shall govern that particular benefit or service.
- Domain Name: With paid membership in SLOCBA you will be entitled the use of a domain name of your choosing (if available). Once you choose a domain name let your membership coordinator know so that it may be secured for you. once we acquire the domain name submitted to SLOCBA it will become the sole property of SLOCBA and available for use with your membership. If you cancel your membership with SLOCBA we will release the domain name to you upon the following conditions 1. All past due dues or fees are paid in full including balance of membership dues based on yearly membership in the association. 2. A transfer fee of $95.00 is paid to SLOCBA. 3. Any fees paid in advance by SLOCBA for said domain name are paid.
- Website Hosting: With paid membership in SLOCBA you will be entitled to a Basic Hosting Plan as defined on the Bakersfield Internet site.
- Bridal Pac: SLOCBA provides prospective brides and grooms with a Bridal Pac upon request at no charge. The Bridal Pac is filled with information provided by our members. There is no limit to the information you can provide to SLOCBA for distribution in the Bridal Pac and by other means through the association. All information provided MUST NOT contain any information on other services not provided by SLOCBA or its members. If at anytime the information provided by you becomes invalid either by change on your part, expiration date, or information on other members or services that are no longer affiliated with the association the information becomes invalid and it will be removed from distribution by the SLOCBA.
- E-Mail Leads: As a part of you membership in SLOCBA you are authorized to receive Bridal Hot Lead from BAOA leads are only provided via e-mail and are for your use only “SLOCBA Confidential”. If you cannot or are not receiving e-mail leads it may be one of the following issues:1. Have you set-up your free account on the Bridal Association of America website? If you have, did you setup your e-mail lead preferences?2. To check this, log into your account on the Bridal Association of America and select Change Your Email Lead Preferences. Make sure you have selected yes for Receive E-mail Leads. We always suggest that you select all services under your state. A bride may not have checked your service by mistake, she may not be that far in the planning, or for some other reason unknown to us. You can always delete the ones you don’t want.
3. Your ISP: Known issues exist with but are not limited to SBCGLOBAL & AOL. To fix this issue try setting up a free e-mail account with Gmail by Google then wait a day or two and see if you have received any leads.If you are still having problems call member support at 661-633-9200.
- Phone Referrals: SLOCBA will refer your company to brides and grooms who contact the association looking for information on your type of service.
- The Wedding Book: Advertising in The Wedding Book is available to members of SLOCBA at a discounted rate (no listing is included with your membership). please see The Wedding Book for information on pricing & sizes. Included in Gold Membership is a ½ (half) page Black & White ad and Directory listing at no additional charge. All artwork is the responsibility of the member and can be uploaded in the member’s area. As a member in the Wedding book, you must display the wedding book in plain sight of the customer at all times.
- Bridal Shows: SLOCBA will produce at least 2 Bridal Shows per year and basic members can participate in these events at a discount rate for a regular size booth.
Members participating in shows will have first right of refusals for up to 30 days prior to the next show “only for the next show” after the last show of participation.
When a show is less than 30 days out and you have not made a commitment to the show your spot will become available to the waiting list or the general membership and you will have to go to the bottom of the list. Members must place postcards for the upcoming bridal shows for up to 30 days prior to the next bridal show at all registers in plain view of customers and have at least 1 poster on each door promoting the bridal show.
Gold Members There is no cost for a regular booth and you will be recognized as a event sponsor.
- Use of The Wedding Center as an office: The Wedding Center is available to its members to meet with clients during regular business hours only.
You must arrive no less then 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment.
- Receiving Faxes: as a benefit of membership you can receive faxes at SLOCBA (661-633-9199); however, SLOCBA is not responsible for the receipt of those faxes and you must be in the office when they
- Membership and Listing on other sites: available to members of SLOCBA is a listing/membership on our partner site BridalAssociationOfAmerica.com
complete information here.
IV. CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION. SLOCBA’s “Confidential Information” includes:
(I) tangible information of SLOCBA’s that is labeled “confidential” or “SLOCBA Confidential”, and (II) orally communicated information that relates to or is embodied in a tangible document that is labeled as stated in
(I). At all times, title or the right to possess Confidential Information remains with SLOCBA. Confidential Information may be disclosed to Your Company at events and through other means. Certain programs may require additional confidentiality terms as a condition of participation. (III) Any information provided by SLOCBA not labeled “confidential” or “SLOCBA Confidential” is subject to the same rules of Confidentiality. (IV) The terms below also control SLOCBA’s Confidential Information disclosed through the Bridal Events and survive termination or expiration of the agreement. You agree to do and/or comply with the following terms:
- Maintain Confidential Information. Maintain Confidential Information with at least the same degree of care that you use to protect Your Company’s own confidential and proprietary information, but with at least a reasonable degree of care under the circumstances.
- No Disclosure. Do not disclose any Confidential Information to any third parties except to Your Company employees who have a need to know the information to do their jobs. Before disclosing Confidential Information to Your Company’s employees, train them on these contractual obligations of confidentiality and obtain their agreement to comply with them. You are responsible for compliance of Your Company’s employees with these contractual obligations.
- Copies. Do not make copies of Confidential Information except as necessary for Your Company employees that have a need to know; all copies must be marked “SLOCBA Confidential”.
- Duration. Maintain the confidentiality of Confidential Information for at least two (2) years from the date it was disclosed to You unless it is: (I) rightfully in the public domain, (II) rightfully received from a third party without any obligation of confidentiality, (III) rightfully known to You without any limitation on use or disclosure prior to its receipt from SLOCBA, or (IV) generally made available to others by SLOCBA without restriction on disclosure. You agree to return or destroy all or part of Confidential Information, including any copies, at SLOCBA’s request, and confirm your compliance with such request.
- No Other Use. Any bride/groom/customer/client information obtained from SLOCBA via email, by phone, at a bridal event, through the wedding book, Printed List, Excel Files or any other means may only be used for the business issued a booth/membership, i.e. if you sell flowers and you are also a photographer, but you only sign up as a flower shop, you can only use the leads for your flower shop. The leads may not be used for your photography business. If you Use the leads for a business not signed up for the event, your membership will result in fines of $995.00 for each company that may have benefited from the lead.
V. OTHER TERMS, CONDITIONS AND NOTICES
- Member Web Site and Password. You must have a password to access certain areas of the Membership Program benefits and services. You shall keep your password secure and confidential and use it only for your authorized access to the Membership Programs website. You are solely responsible for all activities that occur with your password. You shall notify SLOCBA immediately of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of your password. SLOCBA is not responsible for any consequences that result from any unauthorized use of your password.
- No Agency. No agency, partnership, joint venture, franchise, or employment relationship is created between SLOCBA and You or Your Company as a result of these Terms and Conditions or Your Company’s participation in any of the Membership Programs. Neither of us is authorized to create any obligation, express or implied, on behalf of the other.
- Assignment. Membership is not transferable or assignable. SLOCBA may assign or delegate its rights and/or obligations, in part or in whole, under this agreement to any of its subsidiaries that are wholly owned directly or indirectly by SLOCBA.
- Order of Priority. The English language version of these Terms and Conditions shall prevail over any translations of them. The terms of any trademark license agreement(s) shall prevail over these Terms and Conditions with respect to the subject matter of the trademark license agreement.
- Waiver. Failure to enforce any of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such terms, nor affect their enforceability.
- Governing Law and Forum. Any claim arising under or relating to the Membership Programs, the materials, or the websites shall be adjudicated in the following forums and governed by the following laws: For the United States of America the forum shall be Bakersfield, California, USA and the applicable law shall be that of the State of California, without reference to its conflict of law principles.
- Limitation of Liability. NEITHER PARTY SHALL BE LIABLE TO THE OTHER FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF SUCH PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SLOCBA shall not be liable to any Member if a SLOCBA employee or any other party acting on behalf of SLOCBA or acting on behalf of a Program Member accesses or updates the personal and/or business profile information of the Program Member(s).
VI. MEMBERSHIP CANCELLATION POLICY
The following policy may seem a bit over the top; however, it is intended to protect our members from fraud. In the past we have had a competitor of one of our members try to cancel the member’s membership.
Due to this, we have put in place this safeguard for the protection of our members.
Membership in the San Luis Obispo County Bridal Association starts with a 12 month commitment. After 12 consecutive months of membership you may cancel your membership by following the directions below.
Your membership will continue on a month to month basis until you provide written notice of cancellation. Your membership will be immediately terminated upon such notice.
There are amendments to this policy. Some contracts (Bridal Shows, Wedding Book advertising, and others as stipulated in each contract) will extend your contract by as much as 12 to 16 months from the date of signature.
This amendment is in place of paying full price on a bridal show or for advertising.
Common misunderstandings – these will not cancel your membership
- * Membership does not automatically cancel after 1 year.
- * Not paying your dues will not cancel your membership and could amount to several hundred dollars in past dues and late fees and could eventually result in legal fees.
- * Calling the office to cancel your membership, then saying that you spoke with some girl and that she said it was ok.
- * Sending an email or replying to an email.
Canceling your membership with the San Luis Obispo County Bridal Association can be done in 1 of 2 ways:
- You can make an appointment with Kyle Brown and submit your cancellation in person. Kyle is available most days Monday ~ Friday 9am to 5pm.
- You can send a certified letter of cancellation and include the following information:
- 1. Your Name:
- 2. Company Name:
- 3. Address:
- 4. City:
- 5. Phone #:
- 6. E-Mail Address:
- 7. User Name:
- 8. Password:
- 9. Reason for cancellation